So should the code in my head section  look something like this?:

<script src="'.$BaseURL.'/1A/js/jquery-1.2.6.min.js"
type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="'.$BaseURL.'/1A/js/tablesorter/jquery.tablesorter.js"
type="text/javascript"></script>
<script language="JavaScript" type="text/JavaScript">
 $(document).ready(function()
  {
  $("#myTable").tablesorter({ widgets: [\'zebra\']} );

$(\'#MSFree\').mouseover(function()
{
  $(\'#menu2\').show();
});

$(\'#MSFree\').mouseout(function()
{
  $(\'#menu2\').hide();

 );
</script>

...or do I need to place the code you gave me in the body somehow?