yup i must say i am also doubtful on the actual "tutorial". I'm trying
to be constructive so please don't take offense of my personal remark:

This is more of a demo, it's not really explaining how to do it. For
instance, a tutorial should explain the rationale of a web OS
interface. AFAIK that's not such a popular choice for web apps. Not
that it shouldn't be, but some argumentation on its potential
(usability?) for end users would be good.
Then deconstruct this "OS interface" into, indeed, drag 'n drop, start
menu, desktop icons, and present the list of forthcoming tutorials.

All this should wipe away any of the doubts i had while reading it.

thanks liam for the effort, keep on improving it, but don't be afraid
to describe/analyse a problem before jumping on its solution.

best,

alexandre