I've actually built, almost, such a beast.  Myn configures which css/
js files are needed for any given page, but I'm getting ready to
release one that does exactly what you said, it's C#/asp.net 3.5
though.  Email me with a proposal, feature list, and language needed,
axel...@aim.com, we'll talk business.