Could anyone tell me what is wrong with this code? :(

function sendAjaxRequest(param,listener){
$.ajax({
   type: "POST",
   dataType: "json",
   url: "index.php?page=ajax",
   data: param,
   success: function(data){
     if(data.status==0){
        $("#"+listener).trigger('trueSuccess',[data]);
     }else{
        $("#"+listener).trigger('trueError',[data]);
     }
 },
    error: function(){
      data='An Unexpected error has occured. Please try again later.';
      $("#"+listener).trigger('unexpectedError',[data]);
success event trigger a few more seconds after the response is already
received from the server.

1. response received + few more seconds before triggering success.
this is the only time i encountered this one. some of my projects is
not the same as this. But on my previous projects i did not put it in
a function and not in a separate JS file. this is right here is on a
different js file and within a function. Does it matter? Im really
lost pls help

website is http://creativouae.com/creativo_leave