I think you're going down the wrong path - you shouldnt need to script
anything to get a CSS attribute to work.

usually when I run into this problem it is because somewhere in my
document tree there is a parent lement that has no height attribute
set.

So if you have html > someDiv > anotherDiv > table > tr >td > iframe

every one of the elements should have a parent with  height set

At least this is how I usually end up solving the dreaded height 100%
problem whenever I come to it.

Alternatively, you can try

$('#myIframe').css({height:$(this).parent('td').height()});