I'm new to jQuery so I apologize if this is a dumb question.  I'd like
to take advantage of the visually interesting things jQuery can do.
But I'm bumping into a small but significant number of end users who
either have JavaScript disabled or are running old browsers with bad
JS support.  Since I want to provide at least a decent experience for
all site visitors, I'm wondering if there are any guidelines,
suggestions, or tips on how to build a web page so whatever's being
done via jQuery still works and looks OK if JavaScript isn't coming
along for the ride.

Thanks!