That's fine and all but the issue is how does one 'detect' those
browsers that are incompatible with jQuery without sniffing?  The
answer is, you don't.  I've scoured every inch of the web looking for
that answer; from object detection to feature detection.  Browser
sniffing seems to be the only solution in this case.  Personally, I
would suggest the writing of a library that would detect those objects
used within jQuery.  The list would most likely be massive (a series
of successive conditional statements). We're talking about an "if
browser is jQuery compatible" function that would obviously work
outside of the jQuery environment in order to make that
determination.  The task sounds rather daunting actually and that's
why sniffing might be the only way to go.