On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 08:16:49PM -0800, lerxst wrote:

> That's fine and all but the issue is how does one 'detect' those
> browsers that are incompatible with jQuery without sniffing?  The
> answer is, you don't.

Since 'detection' requires javascript, you can't 'detect' if javascript
is not running.

features available with javascript enabled." Give it a class with
display:block and then have javascript change it to display:none.

If javascript is not running the user sees the message. If javascript
*is* running the user does *not* see the message and all is well.

--
"A doctor can bury his mistakes but an architect can only
 advise his client to plant vines." -- Frank Lloyd Wright