uh that's odd, I don't get any errors in FF (except Warning: Error in
parsing value for property 'opacity'.  Declaration dropped.)

I know it's not usable in IE6 as I haven't done anything towards IE
compatibility yet.

thanks for telling me about the error, though.

so... does it work for everyone in FF? for me in all browsers but IE7
there's no animation when the content panel opens. the closing
animations works most of the time but then it immediately jumps to
'open' instead of smoothly animating the width of the content div.

I've tried disabling firebug and the dev toolbar to see if it works
better without them but there was no difference - some odd settings in
FF maybe?