just take a look at the source code for the site...basically it looks
like this:
<li class="nav_press"><a href="/briefing_room/"
class="nav_item"><span>The Briefing
    Room</span></a>
        <ul class="sub_nav">
li>
            <li><a href="/briefing_room/PressBriefings/">Press
Briefings</a></li>
            <li><a href="/briefing_room/OfficialStatements/">Official
Statements</a></li>
        </ul>
        <ul class="sub_nav">
            <li><a href="/briefing_room/PressReleases/">Press
Releases</a></li>
            <li><a href="/briefing_room/
PresidentialActions/">Presidential Actions</a></li>
            <li><a href="/briefing_room/
nominations_and_appointments/">Nominations &amp; Appointments</a></li>
        </ul>
            &nbsp;</div>
</li>

then look at the style.css stylesheet. then check out the js in the
jquery-plugins.js file related to superfish.