1. you can acces them like this $('tr td', this).each(...); Also see
here for custom plugins and functions:
http://jquery-howto.blogspot.com/search/label/plugin

2. when you use $('table') you'll get a selection of all tables. If
you do this you would get the same object instance:

var $table = $('table');
$table.table();
$table.TableSetTitles({col1:"test", col3: "test3", col5: "notexist"});

3. if a function takes an argument pass it a $table as parameter ...
(give us a concrete example, and we could give a proper answer to this
question...)

----
Read jQuery HowTo Resource  -  http://jquery-howto.blogspot.com