Question related to the same plugin:

Plugin code:
jQ.fn.table = function(options, titles, data){
                if(jQ(this).length == 0){
                        //try to find at least one element
                        $.log("Matching element "+jQ(this).selector+" was not
found!")
                        return null;
                }
                //validate that this element is unique i=on hte page
                if(jQ(this).length > 1){
                        $.log("The element's selector must be unique on the
page!");
                        return null;
                }
                //check if the elemment is a table
                //alert(jQ(this).selector);
                if(!jQ(this).is('table')){
                        $.log("The element must be valid table element!");
                        return null;
                }
                /**
                 * Save the selector for further
                 */
                Selector = jQ(this).selector;

                //extend defaults
                Options = jQ.extend({}, Defaults, options);
                //init additional data

                //init UI
                jQ.fn.table.initUI();

                return this;
        };

and I'm running it as:
var $table = $('table');
$table.table();

and I'm always getting: "The element must be valid table element!"

I've tried to trace what the selector is; and once it is "table" but
the second time (in he same run) is null. Why there are two entries to
this function anyways? I have only one table on the page.