I am having terrible trouble gettinga jcarousel to reset.  I have a
series of tabs that when clicked get the jcarousel to load witha new
set of items.  I have been trying for days, trying the ajax demos and
just replacing the content by setting the html() but to no avail. it
works but the carousel gets confused. Even if I walk the list and
remove all the items they still seem to be there.

1. How do I get a reference to the carousel object via jquery
2. How do I get it clear itself and the dom of its items
3. How do I reload it without it still having the old number of items
etc.

Many thanks

Lee