  From:       Karl Swedberg <k...@englishrules.com>

  To:         jquery-en@googlegroups.com

  Date:       02/16/2009 11:31 AM

  Subject:    [jQuery] Re: "class" weirdness in loaded XML?!?

The string does not need to be wrapped in single quotation marks. Also, why
does the selector begin with a single quotation mark and end with a double?
Are these just typos in the emails?

Try this:

$('span[class*=mycategory]',xml).length

Just one set of single quotation marks, and the closing mark is to the
right of the closing bracket.

--Karl

Karl Swedberg
www.englishrules.com