On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 11:19 AM, Sam Sherlock <sam.sherl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Its better to detect features not browsers; that said detecting a single
> browser such as ie6 I would use conditional comments feeling assured that
> the code is not interfering with other bits
> http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/showthread.php?t=455334

Conditional Comments are great and all (best thing to come from MS
since asynchronous requests) but they're not the best solution here,
IMHO. Whether it's the browser or a feature that needs detecting, it's
often required somewhere in the middle of some routine. Using CC,
you'd need to duplicate your method, object, whatever.