On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 2:48 PM, Webspeeder <dr...@bigrocksports.com> wrote:

> OK, my frustration with this is really killing me.
>
> Where is the link for the "complete developer bundles" on the download
> page? I don't see it.

It looks like they've changed it. The  link that replaced it, "Quick
downloads: Preview release", is also a "personalized" version though
with everything included. I don't understand what the point of that
is. Bring back the developer bundle, please!

In my use, at least, I'm not including UI components in all views.
And, when I do, there may be just one widget or whatever out of
several that I might use. I could create several "personalized"
files--one for each use case--but then I can't rely on the core file
being cached because it's bundled up with several different widgets.
And I'd require a personalized bundle for every combination I might
want in future. Better, I think, to just include what I need, as I
need it.

> I'm trying to get tabs to work and when I copy the code from the
> example, I can get it to work fine. But when I try to use files off my
> server, it won't work.
>
> When I use <script type="text/javascript" src="http://ui.jquery.com/
> testing/ui/ui.tabs.js"></script>, it works.
>
> When I download ALL the packages from the download page, it puts it
> into a personalized js file. i rename it, include that name as a JS
> link but it won't work. I even copied the contents of the link above
> into the linked file and it won't work.
>
> What in the blazes am I doing wrong?
>
> I gave up on piece-mealing the files but even when I grab it all it
> won't work.
>
> Can anyone help me? I thought I was at least a little competent but
> this is just nutz.

You and me both. I suspect there's something funny going on with the
personalized bundles. I could not get things to work until I switched
to using the developer bundle with separate files.

I'll send you my copy of the zip, off-list.