aside from font % which affected the page font and tooltip font
differently, i couldn't find any css that stylized the tooltip font,
so i'm using css tooltip, where i have more control over appearance
but no text-box click, tooltip-off feature! that's my favorite thing
joern's script.

as a newbie to js frameworks, i'm noticing the difficulty with styling
makes me want to find my own solutions (like in this case). for
example i like yahoo's yui, but it seems like i'm sacrificing my page
styling to the yui script. their tooltip is a div, which takes up a
chunk of my page, when i need the feature nested within my own div
(which either isn't possible with yui or i don't know how to do it).

knowing nothing about js other than how complex it seems, i'm
relegated to framework or find css or php solutions. (i do use jquery
corners; it's great!)

your suggestions appreciated.