Never said it was a "ready for production with a zillion rows"... just
call it a "proof of concept" that tablesorter is *very* flexible, in
fact I would call it the most flexible plugin I've seen in the 15
months or so i've been into jQuery......   given more time, and the
need for me to use it, that parser could be tightened up..

in the end though, what I would do if i was presented with the problem
of "putting null rows at the bottom" is do this when the table is
generated from the server code (PHP, CF, .NET, etc) and put them into
the <tfoot>... then the table would look the same plus tablesorter
would leave them alone