I have an include that contains all the HTML for the modal dialogue
content. In the HTML, I also have a close button with the class
"simplemodal-close" attached to it, which triggers the close function.
That works great.

However, I decided to load the snippet via jquery.get. It loads in
just fine. But now, the close button with the "simplemodal-close"
class on it will now not trigger the event.

Is this because the button with the class on it was loaded AFTER the
script was loaded? How can I make the button work?

Nothing in the HTML include or HTML snipped loaded through "get" are
any different. When I compare pages in Firebug, the include version
and the get version are identical in all respects.

What do I need to do to the button AFTER its loaded via jquery.get to
make it aware that it has the class on it?