Thanks for the reply Rick. I'm just barely starting to get started
with jQuery and AJAX in general, and while PHP wasn't terribly hard to
pick up,
I'm always trying to find the proper flow of logic to do things with
JavaScript.
Generally I try and find a loose example of what I want that someone
else did, and adapt it to my needs by trial and error - I always seem
to learn best that way.
But this particular thing I don't think I've seen before and I don't
know the first place to look for an example. It's pretty baffling.
My other thought was to pre-define 15 or so selects in the data stream
for the AJAX request and only include in the literature request those
select ID's that have values..
The problem there is, when a person selects a piece of literature, I'm
not looping anything so I don't think I can incrementally increase a
the ID/name of the select by 1.
Or can I?