> was the page with the form containing the input element explicitly served
> with header "Content-Type: text/html; charset=Windows-1250"? (i check
> headers sent in WebKit Inspector, i'm sure there are other ways.)

I have included in the html header this line:
charset=windows-1250'>

> have you set the accept-charset attribute in the form?

I have not I never did. Will try this tomorrow.

> if using php on the back end: have you set php's default_charset config
> variable? are you using anything to encode the results sent from the search
> script, e.g. htmlspecialchars() -- don't!

No. I tried in PHP with function iconv(), but that did not help
either.

> if using apache, have you checked that Windows-1250 is loaded as?

I'm using IIS.

> jquery.autocomplete expects plain text back, so "Content-Type: text/plain;
> charset=Windows-1250" might work better.

I tried this but did not work either.

A assumed that goes something wrong with value after it is submited by
ajax.
Because when I receive value from "q" argument it's already scrambled.

Have any idea?

Thanks,
Borut Tomazin