On 4/15/09 3:19 AM, "borutt" <borut.toma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> GET /PHP/data.php?sid=0.179863580913668&q=%C4%8Duk

%C4%8D is the urlencoding of the utf-8 codepoint for 'č'.

> My input was "čuk" but like it's seen from GET params, q param has
> strange chars.
> But in QueryString it is ok.

i don't know what 'QueryString'. if that's an input variable from the query
in your back end script then all is well.

> But when I check param q at the end of request (when it passes value
> to sql) I get value "äťk".

in which case, you have located the problem as being outside of anything to
do with jquery. study your code between input and sql query and/or
reconfigure your interpreter.

> I have set all the header for character set to windows-1250. I think
> that the problem is with ajax request in your script.

it's not my script.

> But I might be wrong.

possibly so.

i use jquery.autocomplete 1.0.2 in a utf-8 environment and it has no problem
handling č or any other character i've tried including hebrew, greek,
arabic, kana, cyrillic and others.

windows-1250 is obsolescent. why not try using utf-8 instead?

> Does this help you any more?

i thought you were the one looking for help.

maybe specify the charset of your javascript as windows-1250:
http://www.capitolacomputing.com/intl_js_charset.htm