You have run into a fairly common issue: how to get events to work with elements that are added to the DOM, through either ajax or simple DOM mainpulation, after the "document ready" code has already fired.

This FAQ topic should answer your question:

http://docs.jquery.com/Frequently_Asked_Questions#Why_do_my_events_stop_working_after_an_Ajax_request.3F

If you still have problems after reading through it and trying one of the many solutions, let us know.

--Karl

Karl Swedberg
www.englishrules.com
www.learningjquery.com