Normally, when I'm trying to cause a passage of text to respond to line
breaks, I use this ColdFusion code:

#replace(myText, '#chr(13)#', '<br>', 'all')#

and that keeps the line breaks intact when the text is output to the screen.

But how can I write that code inside this js?  Or do I have to do it outside
the js?
("row[4]" represents the text)

out.push('<div id="sectionTextDIV">' + row[4] + '</div>');

out.push('<div id="sectionTextDIV"><cfoutput>#replace(' + row[4] + ',

That wouldn't work anyway, since the HTML is being inserted into the DOM via
jQuery,
so the page isn't being refreshed to trigger the ColdFusion processing.

The text, coming from an AJAX function is delivered to the display function
in
response.QGETSTORYINFO.DATA, and is delivered from a ColdFusion component
method
via storyStruct.QGETSTORYINFO, so, there's not a chance, that I can see to
run the
replace operation on the code in the method.

Can I somehow run the replace on all the qGetStoryInfo.section_text data
after it's queried,
then "reinsert" it into the struct, storyStruct.QGETSTORYINFO ???

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Rick

--
"It has been my experience that most bad government is the result of too