Ahh...found a one-letter js solution.

There is no replaceAll function in js.  However, adding a "g" modifier
changes a single occurrence replace function to a replace all function.

So, using out.push('<div id="sectionTextDIV">' + row[4].replace(/\r?\n/g,
causes all the line feeds to be replaced by <br/> .

However, I appreciate the idea for how to do this in CFML.  There will come
a time,
I'm sure when it's preferable, or perhaps, even necessary.  And I do like
the idea
of modifying the data before sending it back, instead of afterwards...more
flexibility.

Rick