Could not make much sense out of your video either :D

The thing is: when you log an object or element in firebug, it's just
a reference to the object itself, not a snapshot of it at that instant
in time. It will always show the object as it is *now*. Try this in
the console:

x = {a:1};
console.log(x);
x.a = 2;

You'll see that x.a == 2 in the object inspector, not 1. If you
further change x's properties they will continue to be updated in the
inspector. The printed line will not, it will keep showing "Object
a=1", ignore it.