Great advice Matt.

Rey..
jQuery Team

Matt Kruse wrote:
On May 5, 9:13 am, kiusau <kiu...@mac.com> wrote:
I remember someone in this forum also having said "jQuery IS
Javascript".  I believe them, but am obviously having difficulty
understanding in what way.

I recommend studying the javascript language for a while, independent
of jQuery.
Understand the core concepts of the language and some of the trickier
bits like scope, identifier resolution, object methods, and closures.
Play with your own code until you really understand how it all works.

Then, come back to jQuery and everything will make sense. jQuery is
just one way to write javascript, and if you have a good understanding
of the language then reading the source and understanding how it works
will no longer be a challenge.

Matt Kruse