On May 5, 7:32 am, Matt Kruse <m...@thekrusefamily.com> wrote:

> I recommend studying the javascript language for a while, independent
> of jQuery. Understand the core concepts of the language and some of the
> trickier
> bits like scope, identifier resolution, object methods, and closures.
> Play with your own code until you really understand how it all works.

I understand scope, object methods, and closure.  I am not familiar
with the term identifier resolution  Moreover, I have completed the
entire W3Schools tutorial and have already written several of my own
mini Javascript applications.  What I am looking for is conceptual
overview.

Although I appreciate the fact that one should not be using jQuery
without a good understanding of Javascript, I do not believe that my
understanding of Javascript is so poor that I would be unable to
understand jQuery were I provided with a conceptual overview.

If you do not know of such a source, then perhaps the jQuery Team
might consider writing one. Does something like what Eric Miraglia has
written for YUI exist for jQuery?  This is my question.

Roddy