actually now that I thought about it my first post may not work...
because you'd have to first get all the tr's then take each tr and
find the first two td's. You can try my first response, if not try
this:

$("table tr").each(function(){
             var counter = 0;
             $(this).children().each(function(){
                           $(this).attr("attribute","value");
                           counter++;
                           if(counter > 1) { break; }

this will iterate through the tr's one at a time while only accessing
the first two td's for each tr.