for starters your images are huge  ...sampled a couple  .....Judy Dench  is 1728px × 2304px (scaled to 449px × 600px) and file size is 350kb!

that's a huge amount of loading time for the number of images you have
Alan wrote:
OK....granted I am totally a rookie here...but I am SOOOO stuck!

Could anyone look at this page: http://www.movieeye.com/index-new.jsp

and help me with either of the two big problems I am having???

Problem #1: When the content is loading (3 content div's worth) it
shows ALL of the content before it collapses into the slider.

Problem #2: The previous content doesn't disappear when you click the
button, but rather scrolls way off the page (either left or right).

Both of these problems will be blatantly obvious when you go to the
page

Any ideas whatsoever that could fix this? If any code is needed, let
me know, happy to share it!

I'd greatly appreciate any help!

Alan