Problem #1:  not sure where i would put that, but I will check it out.

Problem #2: In IE 7, if you click on the arrow to scroll left or
right, you can see the previous content off to the side of the
slider.  interesting you didn't see it, so I checked out Firefox, and
sure enough, the problem is IE specific...joy, that will be fun to
figure out!