If browser-detection can't be used, then subsititute code to detect
the "filter" attribute instead. The exact syntax is not important...

I believe jQuery SHOULD handle this cross-browser animation issue
because it is common to the majority of users. It is clearly a
deficiency when jQuery's own contributors have to override core
methods to address it. The choices are:

 A) Update jQuery to handle this issue natively, or;

 B) Continue using hacks for animations in the world's most common
browser.

I'm interested in opinions on this, particularly from the regular
jQuery contributors.

/Kevin