I am using Firebug.

The code I have in my CSS:

#wrapper {
        margin-left: auto; /*centers the div in Mozilla*/
        margin-right: auto; /*centers the div in Mozilla*/
        width:775px;
}
#container{
        width:775px;
        height:auto;
        clear:both;
        margin-left: auto; /*centers the div in Mozilla*/
        margin-right: auto; /*centers the div in Mozilla*/
        text-align: left; /*to counter the text-align center for IE*/
        padding:0px;
        background-image:url(/shared/shared_corepository/media/images/layouts/
nav-col.gif);
        background-color:#FFFFFF;
}

And the code in the CSS for Nested Accordion is:

#container {
  float:left;
  width:100%;
  margin-right:-19em;
  padding:0 0 1em;
  position:relative;
  min-height:0; /* hasLayout prevents jumping content in IE */
}

It is when I rename the container in the Nested Accordion CSS, that my
left navigation column disappears.

Sorry, I understand the difficulty of our development instance not
being open. If you can give me ideas, I will appreciate. If not, I
will understand.

Akbar