to be honest no library is 100% efficient.
its like a template that anyone can download. what counts as what you do
with it and if suits your needs.

in some cases you would create your very own template if nothing suits your
needs.

so if you require 100% smoothness in everything you would require only the
pieces of scripts that you are using and nothing more.

regardless of the library you choose code that you do not use will always
exist.
say if you find a js lib where each function is its' own file. it would
be efficient as you include only what you need. however it would take longer
for all your scripts to load as the user would have to download each one.

unfortunately i cannot fully answer your questions.