Before I dive into my issue, I just finished reading "Learning jQuery
1.3" and decided to go full fledged and create my first site
implementing jQuery only!  I had a little experience before this but
found that jQuery is a lot of fun and easy to implement, even for a
semi noob. (maybe a total noob after you read about my issue)

However, I am have a page freeze issue and I am not sure why or how to
track down. In this site, I am using Cufon for custom text
replacement, DD_belatedPNG fix for transparent pngs in IE and jQuery
for all my pretty UI enhancements.

Being new, I have a feeling that I am leaving something open, maybe
not unbinding an element or maybe my implementation of all 3 is out of
whack... I dont know.  Has anyone run into an issue like this where
their page freezes from time to time?  When accessing in IE, Safari,
Opera and Chrome... no freeze.

It seems to happen on 1 page most of the time.  I have jCarousel Lite,
Cufon, DD_belated, and some custom jQuery code running.  I have a
subscribe button that submits a form and I set it up as

$('a#button').click(function(){
  dosomething();
}

Am I suppose to unbind this?

Also when ever someone clicks on a left or right toggle on my
jCarousel Lite plugin, I call Cufon.replace() on top of the base
interaction for those toggle buttons.

   if(replacefont){
      $('div.toggles a').click(function(e){
         Cufon.replace('#slides h1, #slides a');

      });

      Cufon.replace('h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, #slides p, a.buttons, #quote
p, b, #main-menu a, .container p');
   }

The web template I am working on can be found here:

http://themeforest.gfunkmedia.com/comercia-web/lite/index.html

I have not been able to duplicate the issue on demand... but think it
happens on the home pages and if you click on home multiple times it
may happen.  I disabled right click, so if you would like to see code,
please let me know.

Much appreciated to the jQuery guys and enthusiasts!

Best
Mike