I guess that just depends on whether or not the .html() is treated as
a string or as an object with HTML elements. If it's a straight up
string, .replace like you said would work just fine. If it's a
collection of HTML elements, the jQuery method should work.

Again, I'm just fumbling around here, started really developing with
jQuery just a few weeks ago. Been messing with it situationally for a
few months but it wasn't until my current project (that's been giving
me problems) have I honestly incorporated it so deeply into a page,
so..

I don't like to give guarantees. Haha. :)