Hi!
I'm not really sure of what you're trying to do, but the main problem
is that you're not passing all selectors to your
flexinInitialiseElement method.
Maybe somethingl like this will help you. It's iterationg through all
dom nodes and passing them to flexinInitialiseElement.

$("*").each(function(){
  var $this = $(this);
  flexinInitialiseElement( $this, false)
})

The entire code is really bad if performance is an issue, so maybe a
small vanilla js would do fine here, like this:

var nodes = $("*");
for (i=0; i< nodes.length; i++) {
  flexinInitialiseElement( nodes[i] , false)
}

Hope this will help you somewhere :)
/ Johan