I would really recommend the listen plugin for jQuery by Aaron
Flesler. It's an excellent plugin that also fixes the focus/blur bug
in IE6. Have been using it for over two years now (before live() was
implemented), and it also have good support for the dblclick event:
http://plugins.jquery.com/project/Listen

/ Johan