On 4 Jan, 16:35, Paul Hutson <hutsonphu...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> > Any ideas? Many thanks in advance.
>
> Without looking into it too much I can't see the cause of the
> problem...
>
> ... however, site design wise, would it not be better to have the
> buttons expand an area on the page to show the information?  You could
> have the divs all created prior to the page loading (much like you do
> now [as a side note here, hiding the divs in the definition would be a
> good idea as when it loads up slowly it shows them before hiding
> them]) then just using the $("#divid").show("slow"); when clicking on
> them (and hiding the currently open one).

You mean, having the content divs completely separate from the
buttons? That's one solution I guess, but it would change the design
into something else. It is perhaps more conventional, but I am not
convinced that it is "better" by definition.

As for hiding the divs in the definition (I assume you mean the css),
I wanted to avoid that so as to assure graceful degradation. My
reasoning goes, if Javascript is used to display the divs, it should
also be used to hide the divs.

> document.getElementById("NAMEOFDIV").style.width = 10;
>
> I can't remember how to do it in a more jquery like way at the moment.

Without consulting the documentation I believe that corresponds to $
("#NAMEOFDIV").css("width", "10"); in jQuerian :) .

Yours,
Måns