sorry not too sure what you have concluded here.
so do you mean after you do the select by code, the problem is solved? or
still occurs?

and is this a problem that jQuery may be responsible to handle or are we
suppose to handle ourselves?
i was already forced to downgrade back to 1.3.2 because of this, because we
do a lot of submit onchange.

thanks