Here is my two cents. I have used access on some
intranet projects that do not update data. These are
apps that allow searching by criteria and show
different views of data. They are intranet apps so the
hit count is limited. I stress that I would not use it
under any other conditions. Really the tables are
acting as indexed text files. It also easy for the
users to maintain the data as it often comes from
spreadsheets that can be quickly imported. A couple of
gotchas though...u can't replace the .mdb while the
app is alive. Windoz has it locked. And another
thing u have to watch for is in your code. You can
only do a rs.getXXX(field) once per field, per read or
u get errors.