One problem has been that if you had JRun installed prior to installing CF,
that JRun could get clobbered. CF 5 now installs a copy of JRun "under the
covers" to support both its charting features (CFGRAPH) and its new
management features (monitoring via probes, server reports, and more). These
2 instances of JRun are set up to start automatically and most CF
Administrators will be oblivious to their existence. (And the license for
these instances preclude use of them for any development against them
outside of CF's use of them internally.)

The problem is that the install of those JRun instances has clobbered the
existing instance if one had JRun already installed. I've not seen a
Knowledge base article to identify or rectify the problem. You'd think that
the instance already installed could instead be used to provide the support
needed by CF.

I got hit with the problem, and when I heard others were being hit as well,
I simply reinstalled Jrun. But for someone with an existing production
install of JRun, I'd think you'd want to be careful.

Perhaps someone from MM on this list can respond? Maybe the problem has
since been identified, if not rectified.

Back to your original question, Mike, were you thinking about problems like
this or something else?

/charlie