I like the idea of having it on the Object object. The main thing is,
that in JavaScript a lot of programmers use Objects as hashtables. I
already have the pain of writing out
Object.prototype.hasOwnProperty.call when i want to enumerate through
objects (I know it could be replaced by variable, but still).
Object.keys is clean in this aspect, i dont have to worry about, if
one of the object's keys i got from a 3rd party API includes the key
`keys`, I just use Object.keys, and I'm still safe (unless someone
overwrites Object.keys, which is quite unlikely, and maybe it can be
prevented in ES5).

--
Poetro