Ok, so it seems i should be heading towards the namespace direction.

Due to the structure that I'm using, i have to initialize this array right
from the start (i.e in document.ready)...and after that i need to access it
upon a button click or some change event on some element...is it correct to
say that the code below is now valid for my case:

var MYAPP = MYAPP || {}

MYAPP.myArray = //my array

THen every time i need that array i would simply:
MYAPP.myarray

is that correct?