> There are at least a couple of strong motivations to separate the business
> logic from the presentation logic:
>
> * The skillsets needed to do the business logic (in Java) and
>   the presentation (in HTML) do not always reside in the same
>   person -- keeping things separated lets you work in parallel.

I agree with everything except the above.  From my experience in todays environment
the Java developer does both the logic and presentation probably with the
assistance of a designer because of the complexities involved unless that designer
is a developer turned designer or that designer is trained in the use of JSP.