Not wanting to start a frames debate, I should point out, like many things,
it all depends on how they are used.  I often use frames to create "static"
header or footer sections for a page that sandwich scrollable data display
areas.  For example, the footer may contain the action buttons (who wants to
have to scroll to the bottom of a page to access these all the time?).  For
example I'm developing a form that is actually comprised of 6 horizontal
zones, each a frame.  This improves the interface in a manner that is
transparent to the user, and allows for me to change the content of each
frame without having to change the whole page, which would be a much more
complex and less elegant approach.

Dan