Tod Liebeck wrote:

> Any opinions on which database (Oracle, DB2, Postgre, Informix, Sybase,
> etc) would be best for doing some JSP+database  expirementation on a Red
> Hat 6 Intel Linux box?  I'm just looking for something to play with...
> my biggest priority is that it not be an absolute nightmare to install
> and get working with JSP.   Also, if anyone knows, which of these
> databases support JDBC on Linux.
>
> Thanks
> --Tod Liebeck, [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> of the message "signoff JSP-INTEREST".  For general help, send email to
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] and include in the body of the message "help".

I have had personal experience with using Oracle, and MySQL databases under
Linux.  I've got colleagues that use Postgres under it as well).  None of
these databases are particularly hard to get set up.  As long as you get your
class paths set up to include the JDBC drivers, it's pretty easy to use them
from servlets and JSP pages too.

The new JSWDK-1.0-EA release also works under Linux -- I've been using it
(talking with an Oracle database using the Oracle thin driver) with
Blackdown's pre-v2 Java2 JDK.

Craig McClanahan