I agree that there is a long way to go with Java technologies, but these
statistics and your interpretation of them seem very misleading.

First, Looking at JWS as a gauge for how much Java is out there is
misleading.  I would probably never use JWS as a commercial level web
server.  I have only used it for testing technologies that have not been
commercially supported.  Thus, in a survey I would expect to find very few
sites using JWS.

Second, all of the web servers listed can support Java plugins for servlets
and I think JSP.
So, I would not guess that only 0.05% of the market is using Java.  I know
it is not like 50%,
but since this study says nothing more than what web server people use, who
knows how many of them use Java.  I personally run Apache with JServ and
JSP plugins.

I think that mainstream web server development in Java is very close at
hand. (ok, time reference to the Internet maybe it is a long time, if a
year or something is a long time)
This thread of sites that use JSP show us that many commercial sites are
using JSP.
Since, JSP was just finalized recently I think that it is being adopted
very fast.