> Well, we got a bit different view: servlet in its nature has its
> own advantage over JSP. You (close enough) separate your
> presentation and your business logic and this is how you develop
> mission-critical components/applications. We wrote lot of servlet
> (at least 10,000 lines/each) and take the approache that having
> HTML templates loaded into memory and fill in by tags. The
> servlets then read the templates and replace the tags by
> appropriate values. Reading a JSP page (writtem by some body) is
> not really a pleasure work.

hmm, interesting, although i still don't get it why is it better to have an
html page which you read in and you change it, then write to output, than to
have a jsp page which does exactly the same thing, there are diplay tags
which display whatever the servlet creates. is it faster to not compile that
one time the jsp?

AndySoft
ps: just to make sure i don't wanna flame or anything, i just want to know,
maybe i'll learn something :)