We are using SQL Server 7.0, CORBA, JavaWebServer 2.0, Java 2 on an NT
Server to develop an intranet application.

We are using JSP and java beans to serve up the maintenance pages to the
user through a browser.

We have done a fair amount of testing using a PII-200 with 128MB that hosts
the database, webserver and CORBA services (this is our minimum supported
config for a server) and have been experiencing fairly good performance (1-2
seconds to retrieve a record and its child data and display the JSP'ed page
in the browser) with 5-10 users and a 1GB database.

We havent spent oodles of time optimising our code and are pretty happy with
the results so far. What exactly do you mean by 'the above 3 servers cant
handle it.'

We have found java 2 to be fine as far as performance is concerned. At no
stage have we ever found JSP to be a resource hog or have any performance
problems. Are you sure its not another part of your application that is
causing the problems?

The only probs I have experienced with Java 2 have been when playing around
with the Swing packages. Its one of the main reasons we decided to go with
the JSP/browser solutions.